Whether you’re a client, consultancy or agency, don’t overwhelm yourself with the burden of the off-payroll working rules. Unlock peace of mind for your business, leaving behind the encumbrance of complex internal processes, a jeopardised contract-workforce and the threat of hefty fines.
HMRC audits & investigations can last for years. Getting things right from the outset is therefore critical, and outsourcing your assessments to a specialist acts as a proactive defence, demonstrating ‘reasonable care’ and safeguarding your business against the potential financial liabilities associated with non-compliance.
Our professional and comprehensive IR35 Status Assessment service is designed to help engagers of contractors navigate the complexities of the off-payroll working rules, minimise risks, and ensure effortless IR35 compliance.
Key features and benefits
- Simple, streamlined and efficient process: All information is conveniently submitted through our online portal, streamlining the process for you and your contractors.
- Comprehensive & Transparent Review: Our dedicated IR35 specialists will conduct a thorough assessment (no tools or automation) by examining the working practices, business features, and written terms to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the engagement, which is considered alongside up-to-date case law precedent, resulting in a robust determination that you can fully rely on.
- Effective Communication involving all parties: Our team liaises with both you and your contractors, providing a platform for further information and clarity, ensuring all relevant details are considered.
- Contract Amendments: If appropriate, we provide assistance in making contract amendments to align with the working practices, ensuring your written terms fully support the status determination.
- Tailored Status Determination Statements: Based on the information gathered, we produce a written status determination statement (SDS) tailored to the specific engagement, in full compliance with off-payroll working requirements and providing a solid foundation for your IR35 compliance strategy.
- Fast Turnaround: We can usually provide SDS’s within 2-5 working days in straightforward cases.
- Dispute Resolution Support: We will offer support and guidance in the unlikely event of disputes raised by your contractors regarding their status determination, helping to facilitate resolution.
- Competitive fees: Our straightforward, fixed-basis fees are competitive and we offer discounts based on volume and ongoing packages.
There is no minimum commitment – our client’s requirements range from ad-hoc assessments or dealing with only tricky cases, to managing all of their contractor determinations on a fully-outsourced basis.
We understand that every engager’s circumstances are unique and we tailor our service to meet your specific needs. Whether you’re a smaller business or a large organisation, we provide customised solutions and resources that align with your organisation’s size, industry, and contractual arrangements.
Whatever your organisation’s off-payroll needs, we’ve got you covered. Browse our range of services for Engagers.
Did you know? The majority of status determinations that we see made using HMRC’s Check Employment Status for Tax tool (CEST) would not demonstrate reasonable care. Here’s why:
- CEST is extremely easy to get wrong – in a lot of cases it is completed without the user reading the vast amounts of accompanying guidance resulting in misinterpretation of the questions.
- It is not aligned with up-to-date IR35 case law and omits to consider the key issue of “mutuality of obligation”.
- It does not produce a determination in all cases – approximately 20% of outputs are “undetermined”.
- It does not allow for input from all relevant parties.
- HMRC stipulate that they will only stand by a result that is “wholly accurate”.
Don’t put your compliance at risk by relying on CEST – by leveraging our expertise and deep understanding of the regulations, we help you minimise the risk of misclassification, ensuring full compliance and demonstrating your commitment to ‘reasonable care‘ obligations mandated by the rules.
- We are one of the UK’s leading and most reputable IR35 specialists, with over 17 years of hands-on experience working with the IR35 / off-payroll working legislation. During this time, we have assisted thousands of contractors and businesses in successfully managing their IR35 compliance.
- All of our assessments are all undertaken personally by real and proven IR35 experts – we don’t use tools or automation and most of our consultants are ex-HMRC compliance staff, all with an in-depth working knowledge of up-to-date IR35 case law.
- We have an unprecedented track record of winning 100% of the hundreds of HMRC IR35 investigations we have defended.
- Independent and impartial – which helps ensure objectivity, fairness and accuracy, ultimately benefiting both you and your contractors.
- The historical reliability and integrity of our work and advice means we have never needed to back our services with IR35 insurance.
- We genuinely care about the success of your business and are committed to assisting you in achieving the strongest possible position to demonstrate the ‘reasonable care’ required by the off-payroll rules.
With our support, you can work confidently, knowing that you are well-prepared to handle any IR35-related challenges that come your way.
Read more about our history and what makes us stand out from rest, along with the outstanding feedback we receive from our clients.
Contact us below for a no obligation quote, or speak to a member of our dedicated team today on 01525 406622.