Assistance for contractors in structuring a robust appeal against their client’s “inside IR35” determination.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of an “inside IR35” off-payroll working determination from your client, you have a statutory right to appeal if you do not agree. By law, your client must have a dispute resolution procedure in place and must respond to all appeals within 45 days.
Bauer & Cottrell has successfully overturned hundreds of incorrect and blanket “inside IR35” determinations for contractors since the implementation of the new off-payroll working rules in 2021.
You only get one chance to appeal. Beyond this, there is no obligation on your client to consider any further submissions in relation to a dispute. Putting together a robust, strong argument is therefore crucial to your chances of success.
By leveraging our in-depth expertise in IR35 and employment status, we can assist you in building a strong argument which gives you the best chance possible of overturning your determination.
Our full IR35 SOS service covers two stages:
Stage 1: £149 + VAT – full review of your engagement to establish our view on your IR35 status.
Stage 2: £149 + VAT (no obligation) – if we conclude in stage 1 that you are in fact “outside IR35”, we will provide a comprehensive written appeal on your behalf to submit to your client.
Not all cases will have sufficient grounds to appeal. By structuring our fees over two stages, we prevent our clients from incurring unnecessary costs.
Stage 1 (£149 + VAT):
- Review of all of your contractual documents, including Status Determination Statements within 3-5 working days from submission.
- Comprehensive review of the day-to-day working practices.
- Verbal confirmation of our formal IR35 opinion.
- A summary written IR35 report if the review does not proceed to stage 2.
Stage 2 (£149 + VAT):
- Comprehensive written report setting out your full appeal. This will cover the main factors supporting your outside IR35 position and will include counter-arguments to any specific points referred to in the client’s SDS.
- We will continue to support you where required and appropriate until the dispute is concluded with the client*.
*Please note that whilst we will do everything we can to put you in the strongest position possible, we cannot guarantee that your appeal will be successful.
Need to speak to us first? No problem – get in touch or call a member of our team today on 01525 406622.
Bauer & Cottrell – committed to ensuring contractors are working under the correct off-payroll status.
- We are one of the UK’s leading and most reputable IR35 specialists, with over 17 years of hands-on experience working with the IR35 / Off-Payroll Working legislation. During this time we have assisted thousands of contractors in successfully managing their IR35 compliance.
- Our reviews are all undertaken personally by real and proven IR35 experts – we don’t use tools or automation and most of our consultants are ex-HMRC compliance staff, all with an in-depth understanding of up-to-date IR35 case law.
- We have an unprecedented track record of winning 100% of the hundreds of HMRC investigations we have defended.
- We genuinely care about your situation and are committed to assisting you to ensure you are working under the correct off-payroll status with your client.
Read more about what makes B&C stand out from the rest – our history