Second Opinion Service
The service for obtaining an independent expert opinion on your status, challenging Status Determination Statements and assistance with appeals to end clients and agencies.
If you are engaged in a contract and have been assessed by your client as ‘inside IR35’ under the Off-Payroll rules that came in to effect on 6th April 2021, Bauer & Cottrell may be able to help you appeal if you disagree with the determination.
The legislation places an obligation on the engager to allow the contractor to appeal their decision. If we are of the opinion that the engagement is outside IR35, we will provide you with a report that you will be able to submit as a formal appeal.
For £199 + VAT we will:
- Review all of your contractual documents and working practices
- Review all information received from your client in relation to their formal IR35 / Off-Payroll determination such as CEST tool outputs and Status Determination Statements.
- Advise you verbally whether you are inside or outside IR35.
- Provide an appropriate written report confirming our opinion, detailing the reasons why, in cases where our opinion is that the engagement is outside IR35.
- Work on a maximum 5 working day turnaround.
- Assist with appeals where appropriate.
To purchase IR35 SOS, follow these simple steps:
- Complete our Status Questionnaire
- Submit the information, attaching all of your contractual documents including any schedules and all written correspondence from your client relating to their determination including any CEST tool outputs and Status Determination Statements.
- Once received, a member of our team will contact you straight away (within business hours of operation) to confirm receipt and a consultant will come back to you within a maximum of 5 working days.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that your appeal (where applicable) will be successful.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss your individual situation first. We do not charge for this service.